- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups chopped, peeled peach, nectarine, or chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 of a 17.3 oz package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Coarse sugar (optional)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons milk
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Preheat oven to 400degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a small bowl stir together granulated sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add peaches; toss to coat.
2. Unfold pastry. Cut pastry into 4 squares. Brush edges of squares with milk. Evenly spoon peach mixture onto centers of squares. Fold one corner of a square over filling to opposite corner. Press edges with the tines of a fork to seal. Place turnover on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough squares. Prick tops of turnovers several times with a fork. Brush with additional milk and, if desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar.
3. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool slightly on baking sheet on a wire rack.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl sir together the powdered sugar, butter vanilla and salt. Add enough milk to make icing drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm turnovers.