Auntie Vila's Samoan Curry Chicken Stew
No need for a take-out menu when you can make your very own curry stew at home. This Samoan Curry Chicken Stew recipe is sure to be a winner among your friends and family!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece ginger, 1-inch in size, minced and pounded
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped into large pieces
- 1 carrot, large, chopped into large pieces
- 1 stick celery, chopped into large pieces
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons water
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from bing.com
Heat your oil in a large pot, then fry the onion until partly translucent.
Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and fry for about a minute for the spices and aromatics to release their flavor.
Add chicken, 2 cups of water, and 2 cups of coconut milk. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes or until very soft.
Add vegetables and bring to a boil again. Turn down heat and cover again. Simmer for 20 minutes or until soft.
Mix the 6 tablespoons of flour with the 6 tablespoons of water until it's smooth (and an extra tablespoon or so of curry if you like). Then add this slurry straight into the pot. Turn the heat up to medium and stir until thickened.
Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Thai Coconut Curry Halibut with... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, and Rice... 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Apple Pie Moonshine 3.8/5 (85 Votes)
- Long Boy Burgers 3.7/5 (65 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Lentil Soup with... 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Quinoa, Zucchini, & Leek Curried... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Curry 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Coconut Beef Curry 4/5 (2 Votes)