Bacon Topped Meat Loaf
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar
- a cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 bacon strips, halved
1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
2. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
3. Shape into a loaf in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in.
baking dish. Top with bacon.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80 minutes
or until meat is no longer pink and a meat
thermometer reads 160°.
5. Drain; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.