Frosting Filled Birthday Cookies
Try this delicious Frosting Filled Birthday Cookies recipe! The kids will love these cookies.
- FROSTING FILLING:
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (180-grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (1.25-grams)
- 1/2 cup butter (120-g)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (25-grams)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (90-grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (2.5-grams)
- 1/2 teaspoons almond extract (5mL)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (5mL)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rainbow chocolate bits
Adapted from youtube.com
In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, combine shortening and icing sugar.
While machine is on low, add water and extract. Mix until smooth.
Add sprinkles and gently fold in.
Using a small cookie scoop, place balls of frosting on a baking tray lined with parchment and place into the freezer.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and dugars together until they are light and fluffy.
Add egg and extracts while mixer is on low. Mix until smooth.
Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix until dough comes together.
Add chocolate chips and sprinkles and gently mix together.
Using a medium sized cookie scoop, place balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking tray. Place dough balls into the fridge until the frosting has chilled completely.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Remove dough and frosting from fridge and freezer. Make a well in two dough balls, place the frosting ball inside one of the wells, and then place the second well of dough over top of the first, and seal the frosting inside. Repeat for as many cookies as desired.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.
Store the cookies in a sealed container for 2-3 days, or freeze in a sealed container for 1-2 months.
You'll also love
- Brown Butter & Sour Cream Cornbread 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Eggnog Latte 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Pecan Pie Bars 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice No Bake Cookies 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Cowboy Cookies 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cherry Pie Cookies 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe