Anise Biscotti Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 Tbsp. anise seed
- 1/4 Cup anise-flavored liqueur
- 3 Tbsp. bourbon
- 2 cups coarsely chopped almonds or walnuts
- 6 eggs
- 5 1/2 cups regular all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
* Mix sugar with butter, anise seed, anise liqueur, bourbon, and nuts.
* Beat in the eggs.
* Sift and measure flour after sifting.
* Sift again with baking powder into the sugar mixture.
* Blend thoroughly.
* Cover and chill the dough for 2-3 hrs.(Yes, really! My mom would say "follow the directions if you want it turn out right")
* On a lightly floured board, shape dough with your hands to form flat loaves that are about 1/2 inch thick and 2 inches wide.
* Make the loaves as long as your cookie sheets.
* Place no more than 2 loaves, parallel and well apart on a buttered cookie sheet.
* Bake in 375 oven for 20 minutes.
* Remove from the oven and let loaves cool on pans until you can touch them.
* Cut diagonal slices that are about ½ to ¾ inch thick.
* Lay slices on cut sides. Keep them close together on cookie sheet.
* Return to the oven (375 degrees) for 15 minutes more or until lightly toasted.
* Cool on wire racks.
You'll also love
- Star-Anise Sticky Toffee Pudding 5/5 (1 Votes)