Beef Tenderloin -
Meat should be trimmed and prepared. Remove the thin membrane called silverskin and any fat. Next tie the tenderloin with string in loops about 2 inches apart to hold the shape of the meat. See recipie for Red Wine Sauce to go with this meat. Beef tenderloin needs a sauce.
- 1 3-pound cut of beef tenderloin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 450°F degrees
Trim silver skin and fat from tenderloin. Wash the meat and dry well with paper towels. Truss the meat (tie it up to hold a round shape) with cotton string at every 1to 2 inches to create a round profile.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Rub meat with olive oil and salt and pepper just before searing to prevent juices from leeching. This promotes maximum browning.
Sear on all sides until brown, about 3 rotation, 1 minute each. Next insert a meat thermometer.
Roast in oven 20-30 minutes turning tenderloin over halfway through cooking for even browning.
When temperature reads
140F degrees for rare,
160F degrees for medium, and
170F degrees for well done,
remove from oven. Cover the roast with aluminum foil and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into 1 1/2" slices.
You'll also love
- Szechuan Beef with Broccoli 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Spooky Boo Brownies 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Cheddar & Bacon Loaf 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Polish Potato Pancakes 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Gooseberry Smoothie Recipe 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom &... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Lemon Sauce for Pancakes 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Lemonade 4.1/5 (77 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Eggless Banana Bread 4.1/5 (70 Votes)
- TNT SMOKED BEEF TENDERLOIN 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Roast Beef, Old Fashioned Sunday... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Anginetti (Italian Lemon Drop... 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Muffin Pan Meatloaf 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Perfect Strawberry Margarita 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata 3.7/5 (89 Votes)
- Coca Cola and Maple Syrup Ham 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Smith & Kerns 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Stay-Bed-Beef Stew 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Coffee-Marinated Flank Fajitas... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pork-n-Beans Chili 3.8/5 (65 Votes)
- Bella Milano Salad (Brooke Pryor) 3.9/5 (23 Votes)
- 1930's Depression Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Burgundy "Spoon Roast" 3.4/5 (8 Votes)