Nacho Pasta Bake
If you like nachos you'll love this recipe even better! Think of nachos in a casserole form with shredded chicken, corn, bell peppers, cheese, salsa, pasta and chips. Spread chopped green onions over the top of the dish and serve over tortilla chips. Delicious!
- 8 ounces orecchiette or other small shaped pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups, cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can green chiles, drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, divided (pick your favorite)
- Green onions, chopped
- Tortilla chips
Adapted from heatovento350.blogspot.de
Heat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
While pasta is cooking, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, onion mixture, chicken, corn, chilies, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Monterey jack and chili powder.
Spoon some salsa onto the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish and spread to cover the bottom of the dish. Spoon chicken mixture on top of salsa. Top with remaining salsa and spread evenly with remaining cheese. Bake until mixture is heated through, about 20-25 minutes.
Spread chopped green onions over the top of the dish and serve over tortilla chips.