Diamants Chocolat Framboise: Chocolate-Raspberry "Diamonds"
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour, I used 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Sugar, I use organic
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar, I use organic
- 3/4 cup Raspberry Preserves, I use organic
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate, at least 60%
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Raspberries, I use organic
Preparation time 150mins
Cooking time 165mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1) Sift the flour onto a clean work surface.
2) Add butter, sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa powder to sifted flour.
3) Work in the butter using your clean hands.
4) Work until the mixture becomes a uniform ball of dough.
5) Roll dough into two logs.
6) Cut each log into two.
7) In a clean pan, place brown sugar.
8) Roll logs in the brown sugar, covering completely.
9) Place logs in the fridge for 2 hours.
10) Cut into 1/2" thick slices
11) Place on a non-stick surface and then in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes.
12) Cool cookies. While cooling, melt chocolate over double broiler.
13) Spoon preserves on cooled cookies.
14) Place cleaned raspberries on cookies, one each.
15) Spoon/pipe chocolate in center of berries.
16) Store in fridge or serve immediately.