Raspberry Brie Dessert Pizza with Rosemary and Candied Pecans
- For the toppings:
- For the Crust
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active-dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 ounces (57-85 grams) brie cheese, thinly sliced and rind removed
- 1/3 cup (113 grams) raspberry jam or preserves
- 1 cup (113 grams) fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Candied pecans (recipe below)
- Good quality honey, for drizzling
- For the candied pecans:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (110 grams) pecans, whole or pieces
Adapted from completelydelicious.com
In a small saucepan set over low heat, warm the water, olive oil and honey until honey is dissolved. Set aside for a few minutes to cool slightly, aiming for 120-130 degrees F.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flour, salt and yeast. Add the warm liquids and mix until combined. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with greased plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
To make the candied pecans:
In a small saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar, cinnamon, and pecans and cook until sugar is caramelized, stirring often, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer nuts to wax paper to cool completely.
To assemble the pizza:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Gently punch down the dough to release the gases and knead a few times. Let rest for about 5 minutes. On a clean surface, roll out to 8-10 inch circle or oval. No need to be exact. Transfer to the prepared sheet pan.
Brush dough with olive oil. Space brie slices on the dough, then drop small spoonfuls of raspberry jam amongst the brie. Place about half of the fresh raspberries on the pizza. Sprinkle with the rosemary.
Bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Slice and serve immediately with the remaining raspberries and half of the candied pecans (save the remaining candied pecans for another purpose, i.e. snacking)
You'll also love
- Godfather's Streusel Dessert Pizza 4.2/5 (136 Votes)
- Apple and Pomegranate Upside Down... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Salmon in Vodka Sauce 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Raspberry- Pineapple Granita 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Bread Brie Bowl 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Savory Brie-En-Croute 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cinnamon Dessert Pizza 4.3/5 (11 Votes)