Cool Mixed Berry Pie
Grandmother's always have the best recipes ... personally, I prefer the mixed berries :)
- 12 ounce package of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries -- name brand is best as cheaper brands tend to have more seeds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pie crust/shell, baked and cooled
- fresh whipped cream or Cool Whip
Bake the pie crust/shell per package directions.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine frozen berries with water, sugar, salt, cornstarch and chili powder. Cook unit thickened and the berries have become soft. When thickened, add butter.
Let cool slightly then pour the mixture into the pie crust/shell.
Chill then serve with whipped cream on top, and a few fresh berries.