Three Tomato Crostini with Two Cheeses
Crisp baguette slices topped with a smear of whipped cheeses, three different tomatoes, shaved basil and a drizzle of olive oil and red wine vinegar. What is not to love about that?
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 oz of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 T lemon juice
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 T shallot, minced
- 2 tsp. garlic clove, minced
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 2 lbs. tomatoes (I use 3 different varieties of tomatoes, 16 oz. each of heirloom, cherry, grape tomatoes,) 1/2 inch dice
- 2 T fresh basil, julienned, extra for serving
- 20 (1/2-inch) baguette slices cut on the diagonal, toasted
- 2-3 T of toasted pine nuts
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. Place the baguette slices on sheet pan.
2. Brush each slice with olive oil.
3. Bake 425 degrees for 8 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add feta and cream cheese. Pulse until the cheeses are well blended.
5. Add 1/3 cup olive oil, lemon juice and 1\2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper and process until smooth.
6. One hour before you are serving , combine the shallots, garlic, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Let it rest 5 minutes. Whisk in the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Add the tomatoes, stir gently, and set aside for 15 minutes. Stir in the basil and taste adjust seasonings if necessary.
7. Assemble the crostini, spread each slice of bread with a generous amount of cheese mixture. With a slotted spoon, place the tomatoes on top. Put the crostini on plates and scatter with pine nuts. Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Orange pineapple muffin cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Beef Taco Casserole 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- burger - Black bean beet burgers 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Eggplant Involtini with Grilled... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Tomato-less Rustic... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Salad and Avocado Crostini 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Garden Salad & Snap Pea Crostini 4.6/5 (7 Votes)