Pumpkin Pecan Granola
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp almond or vanilla extract (or you could use maple extract if you have some)
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups traditional oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger – each
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Read more: http://www.5dollardinners.com/pumpkin-pecan-granola/#ixzz2eDeKrYIV
Preheat to 300.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the applesauce, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and extract.
In larger mixing bowl, toss together the 2 kinds of oats (I use both kinds because I find it clumps better, as the littler oats can get into the “crevices” of the bigger oats…making nice clumps!), brown sugar, flaxseed, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
Spoon the pumpkin mixture into the oats mixture and combine until all the oats are covered in the pumpkin mixture.
Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then gently toss and mix in the pecans and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Stir in the raisins or other dried fruit after it has cooled some on a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Beyond a week, I recommend storing in a plastic container or freezer baggie in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Serve Pumpkin Pecan Granola as is, over yogurt or with milk.
P.S. You could certainly eliminate the brown sugar and up the maple syrup to 1/4 cup if you prefer!
P.P.S. I used whole flaxseeds. If you wanted to grind them before mixing them in, that’ll work too!
Read more: http://www.5dollardinners.com/pumpkin-pecan-granola/#ixzz2eDefP4Lk
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)