Pomegranate and Pear Salad with Gorgonzola
Did you know that pomegranates have only 100 calories per 1/2 cup and provide 25% of the daily value of vitamin C, are a good source of antioxidants, that both the seeds and flesh are edible, that the botanical translation of pomegranate is "apple with many seeds" and that they are harvested from September through December?
Also, pomegranates have a long shelf life. You can store them in a cool, dark place at room temperature for 5 to 8 days. You can also keep them in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
This makes for a great, low cal, healthy fall salad.
- 8 cups baby spinach or lettuce of choice
- 1 ripe pear, diced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 oz. gorgonzola crumbs
- Vinaigrette of choice
- 1 tbsp. honey
In a serving bowl, top lettuce with diced pear, pomegranate seeds and gorgonzola crumbles. Drizzle vinaigrette and honey over the salad. Serve.
You'll also love
- Shrimp; Curry-rubbed Grilled... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheese Salmon Bake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon, egg and potato chausson. 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Vitamix - Triple Berry Smoothie 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fish: Salmon With Sriracha Sauce... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- PEAR MARTINI 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Oysters with Shallot Pomegranate... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- blueberry, apricot, peach or pear... 5/5 (1 Votes)