Paleo Blueberry Cobbler
- 2 pints of fresh blueberries (use 4 green apples, sliced, for the 21DSD)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup almond meal/almond flour
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia or walnuts
- 1/4 cup melted butter (or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (omit for the 21DSD)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches of sea salt
Preheat oven to 375F.
Place the blueberries in a 9 inch x 9 inch baking dish, and squeeze the juice from half of the lemon over them. Toss slightly to coat the blueberries with the juice.
In a mixing bowl, combine the almond meal or flour, macadamia nuts, melted butter, remaining lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
Spread the nut topping evenly over the blueberries, and bake until the fruit is well cooked/bubbly and the topping is golden brown (approximately 30-40 minutes).