- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 3 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 5 cups skim milk
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (15 oz.) can cream-style corn
- 2 1/2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp. dried Thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 3 TBSP real bacon bits
Add butter to stockpot.
Saute onion and carrots several minutes until carrots are soft.
Sprinkle carrots and onions with flour. Stir to coat.
Stir in milk, corn, bouillon, Thyme and pepper.
Simmer 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
While the soup is simmering, toast the bacon bits in small saucepan until crisp.
Serve soup hot. Garnish with bacon bits.