Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
If you love shrimp scampi, you'll love this recipe. Serve over hot pasta, I like linguine and some garlic bread for a perfect meal.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white wine (I use chardonnay)
- 1/2 fresh lemon, Juice only
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Heat cast iron skillet and add olive oil.
Add shrimp and cook until tender and no longer translucent, reduce heat. Remove Shrimp and set aside.
Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Do not allow garlic to brown - it will make it bitter.
Add white wine, and lemon juice.
Cook until wine is reduced by half. After it is reduced, add Italian seasoning.
Reduce heat to low, and add butter. If pan is too hot, the butter will separate.
Add shrimp back into sauce, add parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese.