Caramel Toffee Squares
This toffee has three layers - a shortbread type crust, a layer of chewy caramel and topped with chocolate. Perfect treat!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (one package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Bottom Layer: Crumble flour, sugar and 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons butter together.
Pack into ungreased 9x9-inch pan.
Bake in 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
Second Layer: Combine 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and condensed milk in heavy pot.
Bring to boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly as it burns easily. Remove from heat.
Beat with spoon slowly until it shows signs of thickening. Pour over bottom layer.
Third Layer: Melt chocolate over hot water. Pour over second layer.
You'll also love
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bibingkang Malagkit (Glutinous... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich with... 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Graham Cracker Crust √ ***... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Double Chocolate Vegan Chocolate... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Blondies, GF 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Crockpot Chocolate Crack 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups 4/5 (1 Votes)