Sweet potato cakes
- 700 g sweet potato- peeled and cubed
- 25 g olive oil
- 1 onion- peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove- peeled and crushed
- Pinch each of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste
- 50 g quick cook polenta
- 2 tbs mild oil
Adapted from includingcake.com
Cook the sweet potato for approx. 15 minutes until soft. Drain and mash well.
Add the olive oil, onion and garlic to a saucepan and cook for 5-10 minutes until soft. Add the mashed sweet potato to the pan along with the seasoning. Stir together until mixed thoroughly.
Allow to cool before shaping into 4 circular patties approx. 1 inch thick. Coat in a generous, even layer of polenta. Refrigerate for approx. 30 minutes.
Heat a mild oil (such as rapeseed) in a frying pan and cook the potato cakes for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden.
Serve with your desired topping or sides.
You'll also love
- Quickbread - Coconut Sweetbread 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- bars - Chocolate Orange Smoosh Bar 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Clams and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Green Bean Fries with Buttermilk... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Caprese Stuffed Baked Potatoes 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegan Passover Kugel 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)