Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 1 package (16 oz) bow-tie (farfalle) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 1 cup plain yogurt (from 32-oz container)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1/4 cups freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain; set aside.
Meanwhile, heat 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Drizzle olive oil into skillet. Add garlic; sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add chicken and artichoke hearts; cook until thoroughly heated. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in yogurt, sour cream, lemon peel and pepper.
Add hot pasta; mix well to combine. Before serving, garnish pasta with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
For more flavor, garnish with freshly chopped basil.
For more of a chicken piccata flavor, add 2 tablespoons capers to this recipe.
Any pasta can be used in this recipe.