Beef And Black Bean Chili
A quick and easy beef and bean chili that makes for a tasty, healthy and hearty weeknight meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsps cumin, toasted and ground
- 1 Tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (19 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup beef broth, beer or coffee
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
Adapted from closetcooking.com
1. Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Add the ground beef and brown, breaking it apart as is cooks, drain any grease and set the beef aside.
3. Add the oil in the pan, add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, cumin and chili powders and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
5. Add the tomatoes, beef, beans, broth, chipotle and oregano, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-50 minutes.