Black Bean Hummus
Made this and it is delicious! Recipe Source: National Pork Board
Number of Servings: 18, serving size 1/6 cup
Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 110 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 7 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 3 g
- 16 ounces black beans, drained
- 16 ounces butter beans, drained
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash of salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Place all ingredients except salt, pepper and cilantro in food processor bowl; blend together well. Season to taste with salt and pepper; cover and chill.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with fresh crudités and homemade whole-wheat pita chips.
Makes about 3 cups (18 servings).