Tequila-Glazed Grilled Chicken
This is a VERY tasty recipe. Great for summer grilling, the sauce is light and delicious. This isn't super spicy but if you don't like the spice, you can eliminate the crushed red pepper.
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder (or it may be called chipotle chili pepper)
- 4-6 skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 C pineapple juice
- 1/3 C tequila
- 1/4 C honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp grated lime rind
- 3 TBS fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Cooking spray (preferably Pam Grilling)
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat using 2 burners. After preheating, turn the left burner off, leaving only the right on.
2. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub evenly over the chicken.
3. Bring the pineapple juice, tequila, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan; cook until reduced to 3/4C (about 10 minutes).
4. Combine cornstarch and 2 tsp of water in a small bowl; stir well. Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture - stirring constantly with a whisk. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute - still stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in lime rind, 3 TBS lime juice, and red pepper flakes.
5. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray over the right burner (direct heat). Cover and grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with the juice mixture. Move the chicken to grill rack over left burner (indirect heat). Cover and grill an additional 4-6 minutes on each side, or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165.
You'll also love
- Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken 4.1/5 (80 Votes)
- Tequila Spiked Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- P.F. Chang's Ginger Chicken With... 3.9/5 (106 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Homemade... 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Caramelized Black Pepper Chicken 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cilantro Chili Chicken Skewers 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Cajun Honey Glazed Chicken 4/5 (20 Votes)
Review this recipe