Grilled Veggie and Pineapple Salad
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 1 eggplant – peeled and quartered into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 sweet onion – sliced
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil – chopped
- 1 bell pepper – sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh croutons – for garnish
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 12mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil.
Add the onions to sauté until slightly golden. Add the bell pepper slices and the garlic to sauté on a low heat.
While the peppers are sautéing; heat a separate frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and add the eggplant cubes. Do not over crowd the pan. Let the eggplant become a beautiful golden color then transfer to the frying pan with the peppers and onions to continue to sauté on low. Add the pineapple to the pan and toss. Sauté for another minute or two.
Season the pan with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; add the basil and toss. Place on a bed of Romaine lettuce leaves and garnish with fresh croutons and the balsamic glaze.