TACO SPINACH BURGERS with Homemade Picante Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 Cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can(s) diced greeen chilis (small can)
- 1/2 Cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 clove garlic (crushed)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Mix beef, spinach, garlic, egg, and Taco Seasoning together in a large bowl. Measure into patties and cook in skillet till well done.
2. When patties are cooked put some of the cheese on top of the patties (still in skillet) and cover with skillet lid for about 20 seconds or until melted.
3. To make the salsa mix together the tomatoes, chili's, salt, and onion together and cook on med high for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and put in a blender. Only blend for a couple of seconds. The Sauce should have very few chunks.
4. Put the burger on a hamburger bun and add about a tbsp. of the picante. Eat and enjoy!