Maple Apple Bars with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
A truly delightful dessert is formed when the flavors of a apple spice cake meet the exciting flavors of a maple glazed doughnut. These are scrape the pan clean good!
- MAPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp maple flavor
- 2 cups (packed) unpeeled, grated gala apples (about 4 small)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon maple flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped or walnuts, toasted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 37mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, stir together granulated sugar, light-brown sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, vanilla extract and maple flavor on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Stir in grated apples. Pour mixture into a buttered 15x10-inch jellyroll pan.
Bake 22 to 25 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Allow to cool to lukewarm then frost with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together cream cheese, butter, maple flavor and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar and mix until well blended and smooth. Frost. Sprinkle with nuts. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Lemon Charlotte 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Breaded (baked) cod 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Portabella Mushroom Burgers with... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pavlova, Summer Berry with Bourbon... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Carrot Bran Muffins 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Hot Spinach Spread with Pita Chips 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Hot Dog Bun Sugar Cookies 4.3/5 (9 Votes)