Caramel Apple Pecan Bars
Layers of sticky, sweet, gooey deliciousness! And it all starts with a cake mix. To serve, cut into squares and drizzle with caramel sauce, if desired. Maybe, even a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 1 box Spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1-stick) butter, softened (I used salted)
- 1 egg
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup coarsely broken pecans
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, Combine the cake mix, butter, and egg. Pour into the baking pan and smooth it out.
Peel and chop the apples. Add the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, tossing to combine. Distribute apples over the cake batter. Sprinkle pecans on top of apples. Drizzle the can of condensed milk over the top of everything.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is set. Use the parchment paper to remove it from the pan to a wire rack to cool.
To serve, cut into squares and drizzle with caramel sauce, if desired. Maybe, even a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
You'll also love
- Skinny Slow Cooked Pernil (Puerto... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp with Garlic Parmesan... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Engagement Chicken 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Zuppa Toscana: Italian Potato... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Best Peach Pie 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Salad 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Apple Pie Bites 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies 4.3/5 (47 Votes)