Calories: 300 Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 640mg Vitamin C: 0.5mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 18g Potassium: 377mg
- 2 links Italian turkey sausage*
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese*
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder*
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups gluten-free marinara sauce, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds thinly sliced Yukon Gold potatoes divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
Remove sausage from casing and crumble into a medium skillet with onion. Cook for 10 minutes or until both are browned, breaking up sausage with the back of a spoon.
Stir together ricotta, basil, garlic powder and egg white in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish. Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the dish, forming a solid layer with no gaps. Drop 1/2 the ricotta mixture in spoonfuls over the top and spread out just a little. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella and 1/2 the sausage mixture. Add 1/2 cup more sauce then repeat potato, cheese and meat layers.
Top with the last layer of potatoes, remaining sauce and mozzarella. Cover with plastic wrap and make a small slit to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.