- 1.5 pound(s) sea scallops
- 4 green onions
- 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 cup(s) fresh corn kernels (one ear of corn yields about 1/2 cup kernels)
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) (loosely packed) fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Pull off and discard tough crescent-shaped muscle, if any, from each scallop. Rinse scallops to remove sand from crevices. Place scallops on paper-towel–lined plate; set aside.
2. Thinly slice dark-green tops from green onions and reserve for garnish; cut remaining parts into 1/2-inch pieces. From lemon, grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice.
3. In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium until hot. Add corn, red pepper, and green onion pieces; cook 5 minutes or until onions begin to soften. Add tomatoes, lemon peel and juice, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and coarsely ground black pepper, and cook 3 minutes; stir in basil. Transfer to bowl; cover to keep warm.