LENTIL AND SPINACH SOUP
- 6-7 C water
- 3/4 C lentils, rinsed
- 2 lbs spinach, chopped
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 3 onions, diced
- 5 medium-size garlic cloves
- 1/2 t crushed coriander seeds
- 1/3 C flour
1. Fill large pot with water. Add lentils and cook over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat and cook another 15 minutes. Add chopped spinach and lemon juice.
2. In separate skillet, saute onions in olive oil until golden; add to soup.
3. Crush garlic until it becomes a paste. Also crush coriander seeds; add both to soup. Cook another 10 minutes.
4. Dissolve flour in 1/4 C cold water. Add to soup and continue cooking another five minutes.
You'll also love
- linguine with lemon garlic shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange-Cilantro Black Bean Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel popcorn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Swiss Chard with Chickpeas and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearty Spinach and Chickpea Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp, Tortellina & Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian lentil and Broccoli Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)