Awesome Lentil and Rice Salad
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- pinch cayenne
- one 19-oz (540-mL) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked long- or short-grain brown
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely chopped fresh parsley,
- loosely packed
- 3/4 up (175 mL) diced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) currants
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh mint
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest,
lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon, cinnamon, and
cayenne. Add the lentils and toss.
2. Toss in the brown rice until just combine.
3. Add the parsley, red onion, currants, dried
cranberries, and mint. Toss until just combine.
Serve. Cover and store any leftovers in the fridge
for up to 3 days.