Broccoli stir fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 pound broccoli, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces with the stems no more than 1/4-inch thick
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed and sliced
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch chunks or thin slices and blotted dry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
Put a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add half the oil, swirl it around, and immediately add half the garlic and ginger. Cook for 15 seconds, stirring, then add all but a sprinkling of the scallion, and the broccoli and mushrooms. Raise the heat to high, and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms release their water and the broccoli is bright green and beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with salt and add 1 cup water. Stir and continue to cook until almost all the liquid evaporates and the broccoli is almost tender, another minute or 2 more, then transfer everything to a plate.
Turn the heat down to medium, add the remaining oil, then the remaining garlic and ginger. Stir, then add the chicken and turn the heat to high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken has lost its pink color, 3 to 5 minutes.
Turn the heat down to medium, return the broccoli, mushrooms, and juices to the pan, and stir. Add the soy sauce, sprinkle with more salt and some pepper; add a little more water if the mixture is dry. Raise the heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced slightly and you've scraped up all the bits of chicken. Taste and adjust the seasoning, garnish with the remaining scallion, and serve.
You'll also love
- Clam Chowder with Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bread Stuffing For Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry and Peach Tartlets with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Sage Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- tuscan kale soup with quinoa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asiago and Asparagus Risotto-Style... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Rabe with Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)