Campfire Trout (Dinner Cooked in Foil)
- 8 bacon strips
- 4 pan-dressed trout (about 1 pound each)
- 8 lemon slices
- 2 small onions, halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1. Cook bacon until partially cooked but not crisp; drain.
2. Place each trout on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
3. Place lemon and onions in the trout cavities; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Wrap trout with bacon.
5. Fold foil around trout and seal tightly.
6. Place carrots on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Dot with butter.
8. Fold foil around carrots and seal tightly.
9. Grill carrots, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes.
10. Add trout packets to grill; cook 20-25 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork and carrots are tender.
11. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape