Tuna Salad Supreme
For a light, tasty, but satisfying summer dish, this tuna salad, or a variation of it will fit the bill. Use a variety of different veggies for the add-ons to give the salad the flavors and crunch you enjoy.
- 2 (7-ounce) cans albacore tuna chunked (Costco’s Solid White is excellent)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 anchovy, mashed
- 1 tablespoon Season All spice mixture (for spicier, use Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning)
- Lettuce of your choice, broken into bite-sized pieces, spread in four larg e salad bowls
- ADD-ONS -- pick, choose, check your fridge or garden
- Ripe tomatoes, cherry size work fine
- One carrot shredded
- 4 sweet banana peppers, cut in 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 large celery stalk, sliced into thin, half-moon shapes
- 2 to 3 bacon slices, crisped and crumbled
- Thinly sliced olives of your choice
- 1 cup granola, divided four ways
- Thin shredded cheese, I like Stella’s 3 Cheese Italian.
- 2 cups croutons, preferable seasoned, e.g. garlic, butter
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Prepare the base salad. Prepare a bed of lettuce in large, flat, salad bowls. Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, anchovy, and seasoning. Add the chunked tuna. Mound in the center of each salad bed.
Scatter the tomatoes, shredded carrot, banana peppers, crumbled bacon evenly split into the four bowls. Crumble the granola over the mounded tuna. Top with the shredded cheese. Divide the croutons four ways and arrange around the perimeter of each salad bowl.
Sit back on the deck and enjoy as the sun sets.
You'll also love
- Potato and Cauliflower Burritos 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Apple Pie Bowl 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Lime & Mint Scallops with Red Onion 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Blackened Tuna Steaks with Mango... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Cheese Balls 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Vegetable Side: Roasted Maple... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Mango... 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad 4.4/5 (28 Votes)