Apple Pie Bowl
- 1/2 cup apple juice or water
- 1 Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
- 1 large banana, roughly chunked into pieces
- 2 heaping tablespoons Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- a few healthy shakes each of nutmeg and cinnamon
- Generous pinch of sea salt
Preparation time 5mins
Adapted from freecoconutrecipes.com
Add apple juice (or water for a less sweet version) to a small saucepan and start to boil. Add in rest of ingredients and cover, cooking on medium heat until the mixture starts to melt together, about 1-2 minutes.
The Coconut Cream Concentrate is the secret ingredient that makes this recipe come together and get all gooey - otherwise, it will separate! Continue to cook to your desired thickness.
Can also make without the shredded coconut for a slightly softer version.
Delicious alone or served with chopped nuts and/or fruit on top; I love roasted macadamias - gives a little of that "crust" taste.
Recipe submitted by Cheryle, Alden NY