Amazing Raw Coconut Jerky
I'm always craving a chewy savory snack. This Amazing Raw Coconut Jerky is the perfect cure for those moments. Not only is it delicious, it's good for you too!
- Meat of one young Thai coconut (or more if available)
- 2 tablespoons Nama Shoyu
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon agave
- Black pepper, to taste
- Crushed garlic, to taste (amount will depend on how much meat you have to start with, don't over do it unless you like garlic!)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 730mins
Adapted from blog.wewantraw.com
Thin slices of coconut meat from young Thai coconuts is the secret. If they are too thick the jerky is not as good. We save the best thick coconut meat and fillet it, soak it for at least 24 hours in the brine and dehydrate at 105°F for 24 hours or less, depending on your humidity.
Beware: If you test it too much you won't have much left when it's done, it tastes wonderful! Store in air tight jar.
You'll also love
- Barefoot Contessa's Shrimp Scampi... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mini Beef Wellington Appetizer 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Butternut Squash-and-Red Onion... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread in a Can by Ms. Ruth 3.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Really crispy duck breast with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Famous Dave's Drunken Apples 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Crack Cake 3/5 (4 Votes)
- Homemade Dinner Rolls 4/5 (2 Votes)