Spicy Garlic Cashew Chicken
- 1 C roasted, salted cashew nuts
- 6 T chopped cilantro (include stems)
- 1/4 C grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 t brown sugar
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds chicken thighs
In a blender or food processor, blend together cashews, cilantro, oil, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, jalapeno, lime juice, and 2 T water. Blend until smooth paste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 1/3 of marinade for serving with the chicken. Use the rest for coating the chicken.
Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the chicken pieces. Coat the chicken pieces with the marinade. Chill for 2 hours. Bring to room temp before cooking.
Preheat broiler or grill. Broil or grill chicken turning frequently. Should read 175 F when put in the thickest part of the chicken. About 20 to 30 min. Serve with marinade and cilantro.