This is a great homemade gift idea.
- 2 quarts white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Peel of 2 lemons cut into thin strips
- 4 large sprigs of fresh herbs
- 4 large garlic cloves, optional
- 4 small hot red or green peppers, optional
Pour vinegar into a non-reactive saucepan over medium heat. Heat to simmering point then remove from heat. Divide ingredients amoung bottles with tight fitting caps or corks. Fill bottles and cap tightly. Place in a cool, dark place to age for a month before using.