Apple Crumble And Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chilled unsalted butter - (2 sticks) cut 1/2" cubes
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 4 pounds large Granny Smith apples peeled, halved, cored, each half cut into 6 slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
Mix oats, 1 cup sugar, and flour in bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until topping comes together in moist clumps. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray. Mix apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup brown sugar in bowl. Transfer to dish. Sprinkle topping over.
Bake crumble until apples are tender and topping is brown and crisp, about 55 minutes. Cool slightly. Spoon warm crumble into bowls. Serve with ice cream.
This recipe yields 10 to 12 servings.