Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance buttery spread
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage, Original flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer mixed with 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan with a little Earth Balance spread or non-stick spray, and set aside.
In a large bowl cream together sugar and Earth Balance. Add mashed bananas, and mix again, just enough to incorporate them together. Add coconut milk, vanilla extract, coconut extract, and Ener-G egg replacer mixture, and blend together.
In a separate bowl mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and continue to mix together, scraping down sides of the bowl. When the ingredients are mixed together, fill the greased loaf pan, and place in oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, until top is golden brown. The banana bread will get dark on top but will stay moist inside.
Let cool for 30 minutes, cut, and serve.