Roasted Potatoes With Herbs
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold 2" to 2 1/2"-diameter potatoes unpeeled, each
- cut into 6 wedges
- 1 cup chopped shallots - (abt 5 large)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley divided
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
Add potatoes to large pot of boiling salted water. Cook 6 minutes and drain. Toss potatoes with shallots, oil, salt, and pepper in large bowl to coat. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly, then cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil 2 rimmed baking sheets. Divide potatoes between prepared baking sheets. Roast 35 minutes. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons parsley and 2 teaspoons thyme over potatoes on each sheet. Using metal spatula, turn potatoes to coat. Roast until brown and tender, about 20 minutes longer. Transfer to serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.