Presidential Pork Loin
- 1 whole pork loin split in half, horizontally
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 large onion, finely chopped into 1/8" rounds
- 1/2 Wishbone Italian Dressing, divided
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Kajun seasoning or other seasoning mix
- 1 cup honey (added near end of cooking time)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves plus more for topping (added near end of cooking time)
Dry rub the roast inside 7 out with the seasoning mix. Then, lightly wet the roast with some of the Italian dressing. Place the opened roast on a cutting board on the counter. Make a medium dry mixture of the bread crumbs & some of the Italian dressing. Layer bread crumb mixture on the top of the bottom half of the roast. Layer the garlic over bread crumb mixture. Add layer of green onions. Completely cover the green onions with thinly sliced onion rounds. Layer 1/2 cup pecan halves over onion rounds.
Put the top half of the roast on top of the bottom half & lace it up with string to secure the halves & hold the filling inside the roast.
To Cook: Take roast out of refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking. Meanwhile, preheat over to 350 degrees. Place roast in oven & cook until internal temperature is 145 degrees. At that time, brush roast with honey & top with additional pecan halves. Return to oven & continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. A 5 pound roast will take about 1-1/2 hours to cook.
Let roast rest for 10-15 minutes, after removing from oven. Remove string & cut into half-inch slices & serve.
You'll also love
- Aunt Phyl's Baked Cod Italian-style 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stew Marsala 0/5 (0 Votes)
- greek lamb chops on white bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Mustard Bourbon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Loin Basting Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- roasted pork loin with chunky... 0/5 (0 Votes)