Pork Rib Chops With Sauteed Apple And Star Anise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pork rib chops - (12 oz ea)
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 whole star anise*
- 2 Fuji apples - (abt 1 lb) cored, and sliced 1/2" thick
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
* Brown, star-shaped seedpods; available in the spice section of some supermarkets and at specialty foods stores and Asian markets.
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Add pork to skillet; cook until brown on both sides and thermometer inserted horizontally into pork registers 140 degrees, about 7 minutes per side. Transfer to plates; tent with foil.
Pour off drippings from skillet. Add 2 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, and star anise to same skillet and stir over high heat until melted. Add apples; cook until brown and caramelized, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes. Spoon apples over pork. Add apple juice and vinegar to skillet; boil sauce until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 3 minutes. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter; season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle sauce over apples and pork.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Whole Wheat Bran Muffins With Figs... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken With... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fig Balsamic-Glazed Duck With... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lipton Fast "n Easy Chili 3.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin/ Weight... 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- VOODOO PORK ROAST 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Handy Apple Strudels 0/5 (0 Votes)