Garden Quinoa Salad Recipe
Awesome recipe! Brought this to a gathering recently and everyone loved it. A great way to get your veggies on and the lemony quinoa flavor is amazing.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large saucepan, cook and stir quinoa over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until toasted. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus and snap peas; cook, uncovered, 2 to 4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and immediately drop into ice water.
Return water to a boil. Add green beans; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove beans and drop into ice water. Drain vegetables; pat dry.
In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, parsley, lemon peel and salt. Add tomatoes and blanched vegetables to quinoa; drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Top with pumpkin seeds.