Bacon-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin With Herb Stuffing
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 cups fresh breadcrumbs made from
- crustless French bread
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh parsley (from 2 to 3 large bunches)
- 2 center-cut beef tenderloin roasts - (abt 2 1/2 lbs ea)
- 20 to 24 bacon slices - (abt 1 1/2 lbs)
- Canola oil as needed
Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add breadcrumbs. Sauté until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; mix in parsley. Season stuffing with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
Starting at 1 long side, cut each tenderloin lengthwise almost in half, stopping about 1/2 inch from opposite long side. Open tenderloins like books. Sprinkle cut sides with salt and pepper. Pack half of stuffing on 1 side of each tenderloin. Fold plain side over stuffing.
Slightly overlap half of bacon slices on sheet of parchment paper, forming rectangle equal in length to 1 tenderloin. Place tenderloin at 1 edge, across bacon ends. Using parchment as aid, roll up tenderloin in bacon. Using kitchen string, secure bacon around tenderloin, tying at 1 1/2-inch intervals, then tie once lengthwise. Repeat with remaining bacon and tenderloin. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap tenderloins and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before continuing.)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour enough oil into large skillet to coat bottom; heat over high heat. Add 1 tenderloin. Sauté until bacon is brown, turning often, about 10 minutes. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with second tenderloin. Roast until thermometer inserted into center of each registers 130 degrees to 135 degrees for medium-rare, about 30 minutes. Transfer to platter. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut off strings. Cut tenderloins into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
This recipe yields 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Rhubarb Chutney 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Huevos Rancheros, Chipotle Black... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Wings:Crispy Oven Baked Chicken... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Potato Skins 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Braised Beef with Shallots and... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Shredded Mexican Beef 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Beef Tenderloin with... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Horseradish Crusted Beef Tenderloin 4.4/5 (11 Votes)