I found this recipe not too long ago and for the life of me I can't remember where. I'm sure it was one of the cooking blogs I follow...but I can't recall which one. It might have been www.mommyskitchen.net. She's got a lot of fun stuff over there. I say all that to say this. You've gotta try Christmas Crack!! It's so good and sure does live up to its name cuz this stuff is addicting!! It makes quite a bit...I filled up two gallon sized zip-top bags. It's great for parties...one of those things that people will mindlessly munch on while chatting or take it to a cookie/treat exchange! Adults and kids alike will love it!
- Christmas Crack
- 1 (12.8-ounce) box Rice Chex cereal
- 1 (12-ounce) box Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 (7-ounce) bag shredded coconut
- 1 (4-ounce) bag slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups corn syrup
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Combine Rice Chex and Golden Grahams, coconut and almonds in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
In a large sauce pan, cook butter, sugar and corn syrup to the "soft ball" stage...about 234°F on a candy thermometer.
Pour over cereal mixture and stir until all is well coated.
Pour mixture out onto 2 large cookie sheets to cool. Stir it around occasionally to prevent clumping. Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.4/5 (745 Votes)
- Candied Pecans 4.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Club Cracker Candy 3.9/5 (146 Votes)
- Beef Jerky - NuWave 3.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Ramsey's Pub Soup 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Passover Matzo Farfel Stuffing 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Rudy's Potato Salad 3.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Gary Rhodes Yorkshire Pudding 3.3/5 (26 Votes)