I found this recipe not too long ago and for the life of me I can't remember where. I'm sure it was one of the cooking blogs I follow...but I can't recall which one. It might have been www.mommyskitchen.net. She's got a lot of fun stuff over there. I say all that to say this. You've gotta try Christmas Crack!! It's so good and sure does live up to its name cuz this stuff is addicting!! It makes quite a bit...I filled up two gallon sized zip-top bags. It's great for parties...one of those things that people will mindlessly munch on while chatting or take it to a cookie/treat exchange! Adults and kids alike will love it!
- Christmas Crack
- 1 (12.8-ounce) box Rice Chex cereal
- 1 (12-ounce) box Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 (7-ounce) bag shredded coconut
- 1 (4-ounce) bag slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups corn syrup
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Combine Rice Chex and Golden Grahams, coconut and almonds in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
In a large sauce pan, cook butter, sugar and corn syrup to the "soft ball" stage...about 234°F on a candy thermometer.
Pour over cereal mixture and stir until all is well coated.
Pour mixture out onto 2 large cookie sheets to cool. Stir it around occasionally to prevent clumping. Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.3/5 (822 Votes)
- Club Cracker Candy 3.8/5 (354 Votes)
- Candied Pecans 4.3/5 (145 Votes)
- Big John's Beans 'N Fixins 3.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Ramsey's Pub Soup 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Passover Matzo Farfel Stuffing 3.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Joy of Cooking Apple Pie 3.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Basic Cocktail Wieners 3.8/5 (31 Votes)