Big John's Beans 'N Fixins
Spice up canned or homemade beans with Big John's Fixins, a mix of sloppy joe sauce, bacon bits, sugar, molasses, onion, mustard powder, vinegar, and pepper.
- 1 (16-ounce) can Campbell's Pork & Beans
- 1/2 cup Manwich brand sloppy-joe sauce (Heinz works well too)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Hormel real bacon bits
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced and dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Combine the ingredients for the Fixins in a small jar, cover, and refrigerate at least a 1/2 hour. (This allows the flavors to "meld").
At "bean" time, empty the can of beans into a small saucepan, and stir in the pre-made Fixins. Over low-medium heat, bring the Beans and Fixins to a simmer, stirring occasionally. When heated through---serve!