Roast Racks Of Lamb With New Potatoes And Mint Pesto
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 3/4 pounds unpeeled new red potatoes scrubbed, quartered (abt 22 at 1 1/2" diameter)
- 2 lamb racks - (abt 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs ea) trimmed, frenched
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves - (packed)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Fresh mint sprigs
For Lamb: Whisk 1/2 cup oil, garlic, and mustard in small bowl to blend. Transfer 1/3 cup mustard mixture to large bowl; add potatoes and toss to coat. Brush remaining mustard mixture over lamb. Transfer to large rimmed baking sheet.
For Pesto: Puree all ingredients except mint sprigs in processor.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 lamb rack, rounded-side down, and cook until brown, about 3 minutes. Return to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining lamb rack. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Arrange racks facing each other, bone ends up and brown side out, about 2 inches apart on same baking sheet; tip toward each other, intertwining bones loosely. Scatter potatoes around lamb.
Roast lamb and potatoes until thermometer inserted into center of lamb registers 130 degrees for medium-rare, about 20 minutes. Transfer lamb to platter and tent with foil. Continue roasting potatoes until cooked through and crisp, stirring once, about 15 minutes longer. Surround lamb with potatoes, garnish with mint sprigs, and serve with pesto.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Serve with: California Cabernet asparagus sprinkled with chives and toasted pine nuts crusty baguette blueberry crumble with cream
You'll also love
- Roast Leg Of Lamb With Fennel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ricotta- And Walnut-Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Portuguese Sausage Sandwiches With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Omelets With Potatoes, Bacon, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Chops With Artichokes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herbed New Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Farmers' Market New Potatoes With... 0/5 (0 Votes)