Chicken, Bacon & Ranch Pizza
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken (I like grilled)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ranch dressing
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 16 oz (450 g) frozen prepared pizza dough, thawed (see Cook's Tip)
- 2 small vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 5 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
Adapted from facebook.com
1. Prepare grill for indirect cooking over medium-high heat. Combine chicken, dressing, pressed garlic, salt and black pepper in medium bowl; toss to coat.
2. Generously sprinkle Pastry Mat with cornmeal; place dough onto center of mat. Roll dough to a 12-in. (30-cm) circle. Place dough onto BBQ Pizza Pan, gently stretching to cover bottom. Top crust with chicken mixture and tomatoes; sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon.
3. Place pizza pan on grid of grill. Grill, covered, 18–22 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown, rotating pan occasionally for even grilling. Remove pan from grill. Sprinkle evenly with green onion. Cut pizza into 12 slices.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrients per serving: (2 slices): Calories 470, Total Fat 26 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 880 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 26 g
Cook’s Tips: For best results, let pizza dough stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before rolling it out.