Almond Crusted Haddock Goujons
Yup, these are fancied-up fish fingers. Just healthier, yummier and frenchified. Crush the almonds in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin or whirl briefly in a food processor.
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 1/4 cups sliced almonds toasted and crushed
- 1 pound sole, or haddock, sliced in 1 inch thick strips
- Lemon wedges or fresh parsley (optional)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons horseradish
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cornichons or pickles finely diced
Preparation time 25mins
In small bowl, whisk together eggs, mustard, salt and pepper. Place almonds in separate bowl. Dredge haddock in egg mixture; shake off excess. Dredge in almonds.
Bake goujons (fish strips) on parchment-lined baking sheet in 400°F/200°C oven until fish flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.
Meanwhile, for remoulade, whisk together mayonnaise, horseradish, tarragon, lemon juice and cornichons. Serve with goujons.
You'll also love
- Turkey Meatball Stroganoff 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Autumn Spice Roast Beef 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp and Spanish Chorizo Bites 3.8/5 (23 Votes)
- Manhattan Clam Chowder 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Tuna Tartar with Spicy Mayonnaise 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- One Pan Baked Salmon & Vegetables 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Kosher Jambalaya 4.2/5 (12 Votes)