Shrimp and Spanish Chorizo Bites
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp (about 30 shrimp), peeled and deveined if necessary
- 1 (7.9 ounce) package of Spanish chorizo, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dry Sherry
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Adapted from thegalleygourmet.net
In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, garlic, oregano, vinegar, Sherry, and 1/4 cup of the olive oil; toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Skewer one shrimp and one round of chorizo onto wooden toothpicks or skewers. Repeat with the remaining shrimp and chorizo.
Working in batches, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place a few skewers into the pan and sear on both sides until the shrimp are cooked through and the chorizo is lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the skewers to a serving platter and garnish with the parsley. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Manhattan Clam Chowder 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Bacon, Spinach, Swiss, &... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Turkey Bold Ranch Club Tacos 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Kale White Bean and Sausage Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Tuna Tartar with Spicy Mayonnaise 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Manila Clam Chowder 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp Salad 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp Creole ala Aunt Beverly 4.4/5 (8 Votes)